Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Something wrong with my sister?
jmaguirre posted:
My sister is three years younger than me at 22. As a child and teen, she was the most aggressive and mean sister out of all of us. Now as an adult, although tamer, she suffers from times of depression, anxiety and believes everything she does is right. She has distanced herself from people in our family because she simply does not like the way they have treated her. Besides myself, she rarely forgives anyone and never forgets. She can't seem to find out what she wants to do in life and jumps jobs and wont consider college. Mental health issues run on my mom's side and anxiety and depression on my dad's. I guess I am upset because I am unable to pin point exactly WHY my sister is like this. She refuses to go to the doctor to get checked out when she knows things like this run in our family. Sometimes I feel like she is such an unstable energy around me, I don't want to invite her over. One minute she is nice and the next she is rude or makes rude comments. I feel she put me down or makes jabs when we should be having a good time. I am only trying to understand what she has, if anything so I am able to deal with her better. Some believe she has bipolar disorder but her tenancies don't match with it. Could it simply be anxiety? Or depression? Any information is greatly appreciated.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Talk to GOD!!!!
There is no question that anxiety and anxiety disorders are in fact painful, and yet very natural occurrences in life. Unfortunately, they ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.