Skip to content
Need advice
An_252569 posted:
I have anxiety. I'm not sexually active but I once let a boy feel me up and give me peck on the lips. That's about the only sexual contact I had. This happened last August. For months I've been afraid of contracting stds from that and from blood contact. I got tested a few weeks ago to try to relax and most test came back negative. The syphillis test was unsatisfactory or inconclusive. I was told to just test again because these results can happen. I had a breakdown thinking I had it. I told my friend since It was her cousin I had sexual contact with. Even he thought I don't have it since he only felt me up. Now I'm thinking if she tells people they will think I'm having sex and I have a std even though its not true. I told her my fears and she said she won't tell anybody. Lately I have trouble trusting people. I don't want to keep bothering her with my fears. I' don't want people thinking I have a std.

U4Euh responded:
The test results were inconclusive so take another one. Besides, Syphillis is curable. What is there to worry about? And as long as you keep your business to yourself (can't stress that enough) you should be fine. If you tell anyone other then this anonymous post your liable to get stabbed in the back. I'm no doctor but if that's all you've done I'd say your in the clear.

An_252569 replied to U4Euh's response:
Yeah I told my one friend because I was having a breakdown. I don't why but lately I have trust issues. I think I might injury her feelings. Considering the she told me that she had 2 stds. I don't have any so I don't know why I would honk she would lie and tells others that do.

rohvannyn responded:
You can't get an STD from a peck on the lips unless you both have open sores. Same with petting. I don't know about you but I'm not going to be kissing anybody with open sores on my lips.

I would like to say this gently, but directly: you need to get over your shame regarding sexual contact.

You've been tested, and you are clean. That's the end of that. From what you said, you couldn't have gotten a disease, you just don't get them unless you are sharing a lot of saliva or there is body fluid to body fluid contact.

Here's the important part: Even if you had full blown penetrative sex, went all the way etc, it's nobody's business but yours and your partner's unless someone got hurt or got a disease. End of story. It's probably a good idea to keep things private except with your doctor, because it sounds like your friends may have a tendency to gossip.

I think your worry about having an std is a lot more problematic than you actually having one, and as such I wish you the best in overcoming that fear. Try to distract yourself, maybe do some relaxation exercises, listen to music, whatever helps you feel better. Good luck with that!

An_252569 replied to rohvannyn's response:
It's not that my friend gossips. I just have anxiety and feel like people are out to help me. Maybe I'm ashamed inlet somebody feel me up definitely wot be intimate with anyone until I'm married. Then again I keep thinking why would my friend tell a lie and say I have a std.

rohvannyn replied to An_252569's response:
Ah, okay. I'm glad she isn't like that. Still I can totally understand feeling fearful or nervous about this.

An_252569 replied to rohvannyn's response:
I'm thinking about it like this. If there were false rumors spreading around I will know who started it and cut ties with her. Also, I'm a virgin and don't have a std so I have nothing to hide or lie about.

rohvannyn replied to An_252569's response:
That's the spirit!

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.