Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Anxiety and Depression
busymom500 posted:
I suffer from Anxiety and Depression. I am a victim of Domestic Violence and after 21 years finally am free from at least my abuser. Finally my soon to be ex husband is in prison certainly for not long enough but I am not trying to get my life back in order. so much to do...anyone else go through this and does it get better?

Sarah4567 responded:
Thank you for that short but very uplifting post!

How are you feeling now?

rohvannyn responded:
I'm glad you are free of him. Someone very dear to me went through this and it can get better. The number one thing you can do is surround yourself with support, as much as possible, even if it's posting in a forum, whatever it takes. Next, work on building yourself up and loving yourself and reminding yourself constantly that you are a worthwhile human being that is deserving of good and kind treatment. If you can get a counselor, do so. The very act of dealing with with an abuser for that long will throw you off balance when dealing with other folks, and a counselor will really help you to re-establish healthy behavior.

The human brain is a marvelously flexible and resiliant thing, give it a chance, make sure to always be kind to yourself, and above all, enjoy your freedom.

Best wishes to you!

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

MRI/ NECK PAIN
I AM LEAVING WITH MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS I HAVE HAD HIP AND NECK PAIN WENT TO GET A MRI THEY SAW LESSIONS ON MY BRAIN I HAVE MS BUT IT DOES NOT ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.