Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Anxious about
An_250536 posted:
I squashed a mosquito yday while I was playing with my kids in the backyard and there was blood on my hands...I continued playing..and then came inside. I made dinner and then realised before going to bed that I had not washed my hands! before preparing dinner. Is it possible for any of us to get any diseases because of this?

rohvannyn responded:
Theoretically possible but highly doubtful. It would be more likely to get a disease from improper food handling. The amount of blood was very small and would have dried by the time you prepared dinner. Heat further kills germs, as does saliva and stomach acid. Therefore the chances of becoming sick from a pathogen in the bit of blood are vanishingly small.

Hope this eases your mind a bit.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

I have anxiety problems my whole life but I have had a lot more attacks lately. Any opinions to why?
I drove my bike to my house and when i got inside I started hearing things and then called my dad because he has had panic attacks too. He ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.