Skip to content
An_252569 posted:
While in the store I was looking for skim milk. I went looking at all the expiration dates because they were all about to expire. So I decided not to buy. Instead I bought a pack of gum and looked around at some of the snacks. I asked the two cashiers when they would get more skim milk in stock but they were looking at me like I stole something from the store. I guess since I was looking at the milk a while it took long just to get a pack of gum in their minds. What if they call the police and I'm arrested. How can I prove that I didn't steal anything. I never did anything bad in my life and plan to keep it that way. I don't want their misunderstanding costing my life.I don't want a criminal record especially when I didn't/never did anything.
rohvannyn responded:
Hi there. To set your mind at ease a bit, they can't really call the police for theft once you are out of the store. Even if they were to do that while you were in the store, no evidence would be found and you would be let go. I'll tell you a secret: normally people only suspect others of wrongdoing if they ACT guilty, regardless of whether they did anything or not.

You have a perfect right to walk into a store and look at the expiratoin dates, and even to walk out without buying a thing, so long as you don't actually do anything wrong.

But it isn't about the store, not really. It's about the underlying anxiety. As hard as it is to do, try to relax. Take deep breaths, as many as you need. If you have a counselor or good friend, talk to them. Do what you can to help your anxiety, and the other things will become eaier.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.