Skip to content
Anxiety
An_252569 posted:
I was in the store looking for skim milk. I went through every carton and found that most would expire in a couple of days so I decided not to buy any. I looked at some of the snacks and finally bought a pack of gum. I asked the 2 cashiers when they would get more skim milk in stock but they looked at me like I stole something from the store. As I was walking back home I started to think what if they did think I stole and called the police? will the police contact me or would I just have a criminal record now? How would I know and how can I prove I didn't steal anything? I know my anxiety is ridiculous but I finally scheduled an appointment with a counselor at the end of the month.

Sarah4567 responded:
I read your comment last night and I was smiling to myself because it was like i was reading an excerpt from my own mind. We think we're alone in this but it seems all of us with anxiety tend to have the same thinking patterns. Not to minimize your pain, but at least to comfort you in knowing you're not alone. Have you tried cognitive behavioural therapy or any anti anxiety medication?

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.