Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
panic attack
gubber posted:
realy needed to read this i thought it was just me with this problem. no there are a lot of use with this fear. it has been with me sinc i was 20 now i am 56 and it is terrible,i cant drive across town because of the bridges i am terrified of them my wife has to do all the driving on our trips it has ruined my life i have not spoken with anyone about this to embarresed .were shoul i start please help
Bobbie1717 responded:
I have anxiety attacks, panic attacks. I take medicine that helps a lot. I suggest that you find a psychirist (misspelled). Try to find a doctor that makes you feel comfortable, it is key to finding help with your disorder.
I went to two different doctors before I found the doctor I have now. He listens when I speak, he is kind and treats me as though he truly cares about my mental health. Much luck to you, as you live with this. May God bless you.
Reid Wilson, PhD responded:
Hey, gubber-
Wow! That's a long time to be so limited. I am glad you are reaching out. Lots and lots of people overcome their fears of driving and bridges, and you can too. It doesn't matter your age or how long you have had the problem. What matters is to find a plan you can implement and then follow-through. Read up on the self-help sites that offer you information on panic. Here is the one that I developed: click here . But there are many others. Plus, there are many good self-help books on panic. Here is the one that I wrote: click here . Panic disorder is THE most treatable mental health disorder there is.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.