Skip to content
Do I even have anxiety? Is it causing energy build up?
Breebreebran posted:
Basically, I just turned 18. On July 16th. And on my birthday I had what I believe to be four anxiety attacks in a row. Before that, I've only had one once in my life and that was from smoking weed which I stopped doing after that. And that was like a year ago. What happened during those four attacks: I got really light headed and that freaked me out. So my heart started racing. Then my vision starts fading. So I freak out more. Then I just go into a panic and start crying and I can't stop it. And I don't even know what provoked it. I was just going out to dinner with my family like any normal day. I don't suffer from depression. I live a pretty happy life. But since I've had those four attacks, I have been depressed. And now I always feel like another attack is coming. But I also have been feeling really pumped and shaky. Like I feel like I need to go run five miles. Even though Im the opposite of fit. I'd never run in my life. But today I really noticed how I felt pumped up extremely. So I start running around my house. And that eases my mind and distracts me from the attacks I feel are coming. But as soon as I stop running I feel like my body is overwhelmed with tons of energy again. So when I'm burning tons of energy off I feel like I'm normal. But when I just try to lay down or relax I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack because this extra energy overwhelms me. I don't understand that though. Because all my life I've been so lazy. Exercise and movement is the las thing id ever want to do. But now as soon as I think I have anxiety all I want to do is move. Is this anxiety related?

brianmanasco84 responded:
Do you have a strange/wavy sensation in your head? Kind of like you might be off balance a little bit?

Breebreebran replied to brianmanasco84's response:
I don't feel off balance but my head definitely doesn't feel normal. Like I feel like I have head aches but not as painful. I just get this pressure on the same part of my brain constantly. I take these head ache pills when it happens. But I think it's just a placebo. Because when I still think about that pressure my head gets I start to feel it again. When I take the pills it just makes me stop thinking about it as much.

brianmanasco84 replied to Breebreebran's response:
Most likely it's anxiety related. If you are like me, you may worry yourself about it and in turn make things worse. The only advice I have, aside from going to the doctor, would be to drink plenty of water, get plenty of sun and keep occupied.

Is it possible to get anxiety completely out of nowhere? Because I've never felt anxious before. Except that one time I mentioned when I smoked. But I don't even think about that anymore.

Yes, it's possible. It would likely be due to a chemical imbalance in the brain that is sending out wrong signals. It's like - if you see a bear in the woods and you automatically know to take off running or you could be in trouble. Those signals are being thrown out when there is no threat of danger.

What would cause that? Does it eventually go away?

Don't go into a panic! It's just natural for some people for it to happen. That may not even be what's wrong at all. The human body is so mysterious, yet, powerful. Your mind can make you think, believe and experience some things that just aren't there. The body is also a powerful healer. People underestimate the power of the body to heal itself, but things take time. You are really the only one that knows how you feel. If you think you should see a doctor, go for it.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.