Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
zoloft
An_251915 posted:
after my 'breakdown' and hospital visits 2 years ago, i was put on zoloft and ativan and diagnosed with severe anxiety that hits me really physical. after 4 months, i went back to work and things were pretty good. i tried to cut back on on the zoloft after the 2 year period and 4 days later.... full blown attacks game back. throwing up, heart racing, scared, shaking, etc. i thought i was better.........

Angiemc00 responded:
The mind is a powerful thing, really hope you can get past this

cindigal responded:
Sorry for all your trauma in your life. I suffered a brain injury in 2009 and sustained speech aphasia from it. I had depression and anxiety for many years than I couldnt recall all the meds i had in those years but I saw that you take ativan. How is going with the med. How often or what dose. I take it only at night, 2 pills before bedtim; 1 pill about hour before bed, and the 2nd when i go to bed. I know its seems silly but I used to have a sleeping pill before.. Restoril and the effects wore out. It seems the ativan works somewhat, but at times it takes long time to work. But I can sleep really good when it starts working.

cindigal

milktoast9 replied to cindigal's response:
thanks for your reply. i am happy that this didnt happen all my life and only recently. same thing happened to my mother when she turned 50. must be in the genes. i went back on zoloft and ativan and see to be doing ok.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

MRI/ NECK PAIN
I AM LEAVING WITH MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS I HAVE HAD HIP AND NECK PAIN WENT TO GET A MRI THEY SAW LESSIONS ON MY BRAIN I HAVE MS BUT IT DOES NOT ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.