Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hospital staff
An_252569 posted:
I called a health center to schedule an appointment for hepatitis testing since my job I had for three years as a camp counselor puts me at risk at being around blood a lot. Now I'm worried since I have them my name the schedulers will talk about me and even people I want testing for hepatitis. I have to call back since I can't make the soonest appointment. Am I acting irrational? I can sue if they did talk about this to others? I don't want people thinking I have the virus if I don't even know and I'm just worried because my job with the kids puts me at risk.

rohvannyn responded:
HIPAA (Health Privacy laws) states that they can't talk about you or any tests you have ordered, or basically any personally identifiable medical information about you. So it would be illegal for them to even tell anyone else you had a hepatitis test. I hope this eases your mind.

I think it's great that you are getting the test. It's a common thing for people in child care and caregiving fields to do, just to keep themselves state. It's even required for certain jobs.

rohvannyn responded:
Sorry, that was supposed to read "keep themselves safe."

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

I have anxiety problems my whole life but I have had a lot more attacks lately. Any opinions to why?
I drove my bike to my house and when i got inside I started hearing things and then called my dad because he has had panic attacks too. He ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.