Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Dizziness
ssh49tn posted:
For 3 years now, I've been having extreme dizzy spells. And, the dr can find no reason for them. I've had 2 MRIs, a cat scan, 2 ultrasounds, plus blood tests recommended by a neurologist. The only thing they finally diagnosed me with has been lupus. I've been on citalopram, 40 mg a day, for depression for over a year, plus was on Effexor HR for about 2 years, before going on the citalopram, & off the Effexor HR. Every time I've done any research on dizziness, I get the results that it's a panic attack. I've been on meclozine for inner ear, but that didn't even touch the dizzy spells. Plus was on a low dose of valium to try to dry up any fluid in my ears. Didn't do a thing. So, my question is, does anybody else have this problem, & if so, what have you taken that helped? I will qualify for Medicare next year, & have no insurance right now, so have to pay as I go. I am fortunate that we have a clinic that takes only uninsured patients, so it only costs $25 for an office visit, plus I have CoverRx through the state that helps pay for my meds. I don't sleep at night, unless I take something to knock me out, such as benadryl, & am tired of that. Any suggestions, or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

I have anxiety problems my whole life but I have had a lot more attacks lately. Any opinions to why?
I drove my bike to my house and when i got inside I started hearing things and then called my dad because he has had panic attacks too. He ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.