Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
how to better deal with anxiety...please help!!!
becky30 posted:
Hello all. My name is Rebecca and I'm still a fresh face to this. I just want to know How to better deal with anxiety. I've tried meds but all they do is make me feel terrible. I've changed the way I eat and I've lessened my caffeine intake due to the rapid heart beats. Is it possible to be anxious literally all the time??? My shoulders burn and my heart pounds and races. My back tenses up and feels so heavy. I feel faint alot and yet I try to figure out what could be causing it to happen so often. I'm 31and I've been dealing with this for 4mnths now. Just tired of feeling at my wits end so much. Any positive feedback on this would be appreciated very much.
Another thing too is I'm able to help others in my situation but when it comes to me sometimes I just can't bounce back: (

PumpkinRaider responded:
I have been diagnosed with anxiety for the last three years. While sometimes I do still feel anxious most of the time I am not. What I did was I went to a great doctor who put me on setraline and got me signed up into counseling. Also, yoga has helped me learn how to relax and meditate. I think that it is important to exercise. While you may have an anxiety disorder for the rest of your life you can manage it to the point it barely affects you. You can do it!!

becky30 replied to PumpkinRaider's response:
Thank you so very much for responding. Nice to know I'm not alone. I've never done yoga but hear great benefits of this exercise. I didn't need to fit more exercise into my routine as that will give my mind and body the proper workout it needs. Be blessed and thanks again for your feedback: )

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Talk to GOD!!!!
There is no question that anxiety and anxiety disorders are in fact painful, and yet very natural occurrences in life. Unfortunately, they ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.