Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Career causing severe anxiety/panic disorder-Advice?
An_253514 posted:
I am new to anxiety and panic disorder. A recent college graduate, I have always been successful and driven. I have a very supportive family who has helped me through this rough patch. However, I feel that my spouse isnt providing the best support. It's hard when people have never experienced extreme anxiety to be compassionate about the people suffering. I have been in the job for 6 months and wanted to give myself time to see if it would get better. However, I just know in my gut that this career is wrong for me. And I need to make a change. I had a breakdown recently, lost significant weight, hadn't slept for days, dehydrated and extremely upset. I saw my doctor who has been great and am now on a leave from work. Has anyone ever left a job due to this? and is it worth it to put myself through this, if I know the career is not right?

Yan305 responded:
I quit my last job e cause of this anxiety . It was a good section because I had time to sit back and learn more about this and relax . I have another job now even do I still have anxiety is not as bad as before I'm healing little by little

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.