Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Dealing with Anxiety
Kmi7688 posted:
I have been dealing with anxiety and depression for years now. Several years ago I was diagnosed with Chronic Depression due to difficult situations I was facing and was on medication for it for 3 years. Now my life seems to be going really well. I have a great job, live in a great area, and am starting to make close friendships, and I have been off the medication for over 6 months. Yet lately I find myself wanting to cry a lot and stay in bed all day. It usually happens late and night and then in the morning right before I leave for work. I get myself moving and force myself to not call out of work like I used to in the past. I just have this overwhelming fear that something is going to go wrong and I need to stay in bed. I find myself wanting to get lost in television or reading so I don't have to think.

There is not really anything wrong or difficult going on in my life, so I don't understand why I am feeling this way again. I feel like there is a bolder in front of me and I don't know why. Can someone recommend what to do?

rohvannyn responded:
Could it have been the medications that were helping you have a more positive outlook? I know that for some people, depression isn't some kind of condition that you can cure, and that the medications actually help correct the brain chemistry that gave you the problem in the first place. Depression doesn't have to have a reason, or so I'm told. Either way, I hope you find a good answer. By the way, that's really good that you are making yourself go in to work even when you feel like this. I think that should be recognized and commended.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.