Skip to content
HIV scare
An_253748 posted:
I stayed with a sex worker for 40 days in July and August and had unprotected oral sex with her she would stimulate me with her hand using baby oil then suck me for2 or three minutes then finish with her hand I got tested 30 after my lat encounter to with her on september3and my HIV tet was negative should I still be worried.

rohvannyn responded:
You might want to do another one later for peace of mind, but unless you had blood to blood contact your chances of infection are unlikely, especially with a negative HIV test. Also, of course, she would have to be HIV positive.

unmkhgf replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thank you I stayed with this sex worker from around the 17th of July thru the 3rd of September when I left pattaya she preformed this jack of oil suck 2 to 3 minutes on me may be 20 to 25 times always finishing with her hand I never came in her mouth and I washed up afterwords and she was gentle no oral sores from what I could tell on her mouth.She told me she needed some dental work but she had nice teeth. When I got back homie got real paranoid I went to doctors care and took a full std tests on the 24th of September.i could not wait went to the va on Friday the 28th and did a series of std tests my doctor called me back at 4.30 on the 28 of september2013 and said good news HIV test negative. I am still waiting for tests from doctors care wich include herpes and hepatitis and first HIV test does it sound like I am ok igot involved with her in mid July took test 28 sept at va do think I'm okcan you add any more advice for me thank you.

georgiagail replied to unmkhgf's response:
Oral sex carries an extremely low risk of HIV transmission.

Think along the lines of an estimated risk of .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus.

Your risk would be less since you do not know this persons status.

While 90 days is the recommended time period for testing, your 30 day test result gives you an excellent idea of your status.

Gail

unmkhgf replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you I just called doctors care around 5pm they told me the first hiv test I took on sept24 was negative so I have 2 negative HIV tests within 3 days of each other all the other std tests negagtive hepatitus everything .She told me the herpes 2 blood test was negative is that good. But she told me I had been exposed to hepes 1 sometime in the past and old exposer is this bad. To sum it up this Vietnamease sex worker I met in pattaya pretended she loved me and I fell for it because I lost my wife in an auto crash. I was with her doing what I explained to you in my other reply from mid july to sept 2 I flew out on sept 3. I did all the tests roughly 30 days later but I started having the sex upo in mid july what's your take on my doctors care tests for herpes and for the time spans on the HIV negative tests do you think I can relax and get back to a normal happy life without worry. I will never let this happen to me agian it was one of the hardest times of my life going thru this ple ase respond.

rohvannyn replied to unmkhgf's response:
Due to the negative results on the tests, and due to the fact that it's really hard to get HIV or much else from recieving oral as a male, I'd say you shouldn't worry.

Regarding the herpes exposure, I wonder if it could be antibodies from an old cold sore or something? You can be exposed to various viruses that your immune system fought off and protected you against, but part of that is developing some antibodies. If you don't actually have herpes, and the medical people confirm this, then no worries.

You have my sincerest condolences for the loss of your wife.

unmkhgf replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thank you thank all of you I feel better the doctor from doctors care called me last night every test was negative and the herpes was an old exposure to the type one oral no problem with that I was tested for everything that visit and tests cost me over 800 dollars. This Indian doctor is telling me I need to keep testing for HIV for one year is he correct I was with this sex worker from mid July 2013 to sept 3 2013 tested negative HIV test on the 24and 28 of September what's your take on all this.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.