Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
help can stand being at work, i think im being bullied
An_253784 posted:
ive been working for about two years with my current employer but ive had five different supervisors. my current supervisor is the one bulling me. she does not want to approve any time off for me because she sys im not meet the enrollment numbers that she set for me. when i sstarted working there i never was provided with a job description and ive been doing whatever is needed from me. but now i have to do the work of like 5 different people. im tired, stressed, overwhelmed with work, sad, and just want to jump off a cliff but i dont do it because i have three wonderful children that depend on me so i need to keep my job.....i dont know i just want to disappear.....never to be found.... help.... please

rohvannyn responded:
I'm sorry you are feeling that way. It can be really rough. It sounds to me like your current supervisor is being inappropriate, but it can be tough to address that at work without being labeled a whiner. Is there a way you could have a quiet chat with one of your former supervisors and maybe ask their advice of what to do? Let them know you want to do your job but provide concrete examples of how you are being treated.

Or maybe this... you could come to another superivsor, or even your supervisor, with a list of all the things you need to do, and just say "I'm having trouble with this. Do you have any suggestions of how I could juggle these different tasks?"

Alternatively, if no one treats you properly, feel free to go to HR for advice. That's what they are there for.

You deserve to be treated like a human being. If your job is hard, at least you need to be able to do the work, not be swamped. Don't metaphorically kill yourself for a paycheck, you help pay their paychecks after all.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.