Skip to content
my anxiety
An_253831 posted:
hey guys im 21 and currently for 2 years now im been dealing with anxiety and panic. i also have acid reflux which doesnt make it better i wake up ever morning in pain. pain in my throat.and makes me feel like something seriously is wrong with me and ive been to so many doctors and all they say is nothing is wrong its just your anxiety. i just feel alone in this big world tired of picking myself up and nothing changing .Im tired of feeling this way and alone.

ant1988 responded:
I'm sorry you are dealing with this, but luckily you are not alone. I've had anxiety/depression for 11 years (panic attacks started 6 years ago) and I'm here to tell you that you will be stronger because of it - even though it's not easy to deal with. Are you currently on any medication for your anxiety and/or acid reflux? I know it's easy to feel sick or in pain and think it's something worse than it probably is, so try not to worry but also don't stop trying to fix it. Hang it there!

maddy3088 replied to ant1988's response:
I'm not on any medication. Every time I try to tell someone what's going on they just tell me it's psychological and nothing to worry about...

rohvannyn replied to maddy3088's response:
The "it's all in your head" mentality is pretty damaging. Psychological problems are just as real as any other problems, but they usually need a different approach to fix them. Ignoring that in a friend or family member is hurtful to them and also devalues their experience. If a doctor says "you have nothing physically wrong with you," but you are still feeling bad, then they should acknowledge the anxiety exists and at least point you in the right direction or give you resources to help yourself mentally. To me at least, it's irresponsible to do anything else.

diytestkitsdotcom responded:
If all the doctor's you have gone to tell you that there is nothing wrong, chances are that it's all psychological. And you saying that you feel alone is proof that it's your anxiety at work here. You are feeling alone, so naturally your anxiety kicks in whenever you feel off, making you think that your situation is more dire than it actually might be. Of course, you have to find solution for your acid reflux - antacids and histamines are the common enough remedies you can try. But, what needs the most attention is your anxiety - which can lead to depression. Talk to a doctor about that. Ask help on the best possible way on how it could be curbed, so that your fears do not get exacerbated and irrational, overwhelming you in the end. Take care and be well.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.