Skip to content
Anxiety from Birth Control
An_253872 posted:
Has anyone out there suffered from anxiety due to birth control? I started birth control about 2 months ago. I was only on it for one month because i kept forgetting my pills and I was spotting. I completely stopped taking it August 30th. Every since then I have suffered with severe anxiety. I have fear that I will just completely lose control and become mental. I am constantly worried that I will never be normal again. Some days are good and some days are bad.. it has been going on for about a month now. Any suggestions? Anyone have this same problem? When will I be normal again?

Please help! thanks!!

rohvannyn responded:
I know that hormones can have a psychoactive effect, so definitely talk to your doctor about it. When I was on birth control I had zero mental effects that I could tell, but as we all know anything that affects your hormones definitely has the potential to affect your mood. Hope you feel better soon.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.