Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Anxiety symptom list I found to help with anxiety/panic. Thought I'd share.
Dee19941 posted:
I have at least one anxiety attack a day. Generally at night it's an unbearable way to live. I was diagnosed at out on three 5 my bars of Xanax at EIGHT! I'm now nineteen, even though I'm used to feeling this way, it's never less scary, or more convincing that it's anxiety. After a while, 'trying not to think about it' gets easier. It's almost as if you have to trick your brain both ways and say "Ok. Not gonna let it get me you know it will, yeah but oh well." Like you know you're thinking about it by no trying so you don't try.. I'm no doctor, but I most definitely wouldn't recommend Xanax. Out of personal experience, I'd recommend Valium over Xanax any day seeing as how Valium is a bit Milder, and stays in the system longer. Whereas Xanax is pretty much a quick fix for your panic attack... That being said I have every dang symptom at once. Really weird ones that are actually common so if you didn't know this, I'll post the link for a website I found a while back with a list of anxiety symptoms. Even for someone with hypochondria like me, it helps! Trust me! It helped calm my nerves, and help me see that it's merely anxiety. Even when it feels like something worse. http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-symptoms.shtml

I urge you to read them when having a panic attack, cause if you're anything like me wen it comes to obsessing on death, or severe illness, then this helps calm an anxiety attack a lot. Because you see that the things you're feeling in that moment, especially combined, are merely anxiety. The reason I say read it every time, is because (for me anyway) we tend to think each new attack is worse as or different/not anxiety. Hope this helped some of you. This forum has helped me a lot, km glad I found it, and I will be praying for those with anxiety as it is no happy way to live.

Take the Poll

Helpful?
  • Yes
  • No
  • A little
  • A lot
vote
View Poll Results

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.