Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is this panic or just general anxiety
cindigal posted:
After reading some of the posst and symptoms of panic, I can't really say I experienced panic attack cause I don't have any of the symptoms. But i do have high anxiety, I think. I worry constantly about things and I do take ativan for many years. I had depression meds before and sleeping pill but I am taking the Ativan solely for the sleep now. Ii dont take any ativan during the day, take them at night for sleep. I used to take Restoril but the effects weened off and I also used to take topamax for seizures, which I cant recall when i had one. I had brain injury so they prescribed Topamax at the hospital. I took for years and we (doc and I) weened myself off of it since I havn't had any symptoms of seizures for long time if any. Sometimes I get depressed but I try to do self talk which sometimes good.

I really think I have more anxiety than depression. For one, I live by myself with two cats. I do go to the gym every day just to get out of here and it really helps. I have social anxiety because I have speech aphasia and are self-conscious about it. I feel stupid when I talk, usually the only person I talk to is my son who lives 5 miles away.

I do talk on the phone rarely to my family because of the speech and I have to gear upself to face them in the upcoming holidays. Which, as this time I have real anxiety about it already. Not just that, but I have to leave my 2 cats home, although my son will come over to feed and change litter. I go through this every year cause I am with the cats all the time, rarely do I take trips.

cindigal

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.