Skip to content
Anxiety/ hate my life
nebraskalove posted:
I had an ER visit in March for breathing issues. I thought I still had medicaid. I'm a college student and at the time my mother didnt have a job. I was told that medicaid should take care of it but they didnt. Now my bill is in collections. I don't want to have bad credit considering Im only 20. I want to get a nice apartment and car when I graduate. I don't know if I should pay the full 800 and ask collections to take it off or send a letter to the 3 credit bureas asking to take off. i feel like a loser and my anxiety is getting worse. i'm one of the worst human beings. I'm crying as I write this. Im so stupid for believing other people. Now my credit score is terrible that I wont be able to get credit card or a job since they check credit score. I hate my life.

rohvannyn responded:
I have terrible credit and I still have a job that pays pretty well. It's important that you understand that this isn't the end of the world. Medical debt is handled a little differently than regular debt. Either call the hospital and talk to the patient advocate, or talk to the collection agency and agree to pay it off at ten dollars a month or some such. Credit scores are a complex thing and one bad event can't ruin them completely. Getting work and paying other bills on time is more important in the long run

Take a deep breath, it'll turn out better than you think. Just get a little information and you will feel better.

nebraskalove replied to rohvannyn's response:
almost everything seems to work out. i paid most bills fully and one didn't impact credit the other they will take off but it will take up to 30 days. now im worried that the cardiologist i saw in summer which my medicaid was back on and i called today and they said they paid, but im worried that maybe everything wasnt paid and some went to collection and i lost the letter because i didnt understand. does the hospital or cardiology office know if bills went to collections because at this point this is the only way i will know.

rohvannyn replied to nebraskalove's response:
I'm glad some things are working out for you. Things will get better. I would think the hospital or cardiology office would know, though you might want to talk to the hospital's accounting office. They will often handle the billing and collections and such, while the receptionists in the medical part of things might not know as much. Usually they will be happy as heck to work with you if you are not just trying to duck out of the bill.

Keep it up, things will turn out.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.