Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
SAME
An_254049 posted:
I know this thread was posted almost 5 years ago but i was interested to see if you had any solutions as of yet?
I am in the exact same boat. Its HORRIBLE. Im at university and I travel in everyday. The drive takes me between 35-60 minutes depending on traffic, and the early morning lectures the traffic is bad getting in. I have messed myself once and I fear that it will always do it now as my mind will hold on to that horrific moment. How can my mind control my body this way?
I get a build up of panic and axiety throughout the journey and i will get to a point then its either make or break. sometimes i'll pull through it, sometimes i'll turn around, but on this occasion I powered through and then followed through

I wish I didnt feel like this, I love my course, I'm studying to be a teacher. My panic is worsened by the thought that one day i can not just turn around and come home I have the responsibility of a job.

If anyone knows of any solutions please help.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.