Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Looking for feedback
An_254066 posted:
HI all -

First, thank you in advance to anyone who replies to this post.

I am a 25 year old female that struggles with constant anxiety and worry. I always seem to be worried about something. How long will my parents be around? Does my boyfriend still want to be with me? Does my coworker now think I'm an idiot for something I said wrong? The list goes on and on.....And even though I consciously know the things I worry about are completely out of my control, and somewhat ridiculous, I still can't seem to pull myself out when I start to worry about something. And then it just snowballs and I can't do anything but think about these things.

My work is suffering because even if I'm busy with a project at work, my mind goes there. I'm looking for any type of feedback on any tips on how to pull myself out before the worry gets so bad I end up shutting down.

Thank you !!!!

rohvannyn responded:
One thing I've learned is when you have anxiety, it doesn't matter what the subject is. The anxiety disorder will grab ahold of anything you care about and use that. Check out Dr. WIlson's various posts, he has a website also at anxieties.com, and that has quite a few resources for helping yourself deal with anxiety. I wish you the best!

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.