Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just want to know that I am not alone
cgbarnett12 posted:
At first i thought i had anxiety. And I did. For two weeks now i had this feeling of doom looming over me. I was afraid to be alone or to travel. I knew I needed help. So i finally got a therapist and I had my first session and i started to feel good. I mean i still had the anxiety but it wasnt as bad and i was starting to feel a little excited about the new job I was starting. But as the anxiety decipitated, the uncontrollable thoughts still lingered. At times I'm confused because my thoughts don't seem to be of me. A sort of depersonalisation. The question of will I ever feel myself again continues to haunt me. And i'm not sure what being myself really is anymore. I'm trying to have patience to schedule my next therapy appointment because I need to be able to coordinate it with my new job that i'm starting on monday but I just can't seem to be patient. And the moments when i'm actually not stressed and happy are interrupted when I start to question how long will this good period be and is this happiness real.
I know it sounds more like self sabotage but it kills me that im not sure how my life is going to play out.
I keep asking people if they've felt this way and if they have been able to overcome their anxiety without relying on medication and I just can't find anyone who has. I just wanna if its really possible to beat this because I just feel lost and drained.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.