Skip to content
This is what works for me
David5629077 posted:
I have had panic attacks for a number of years now. At first it seems like you are dying and then it goes away. The first one I ever had was very scarry like I was having a heart attach> Sounds like you Well you are not dying- Easier said than done right. Mine came when I was sleeping or getting ready to go to sleep, I would wake up sweating (Awful smell-Not a noral working sweat more of a Metallic Smell) and when I looked in the mirror my pupils were black and there was absolutly no color. My heart was racing and I wanted to run or hide I couldn't tell which. I never went to the doctors about it and still haven't I have had support from my wife and I have read alot about panic attacks. Medicine should be the very last resort only if nothing else works. SO here is what I have done!!!- If you pay attention you will know when you are about to have one. Shortness of breath maybe a little more high strung or you will feel fearfull. At this time I anounce it to myself- " I am about to have a panic attack , I know it won't last forever and I am going to be all right." - Sound weard but it dose work I also drink alot of water and sports drink. I usually put on a favofite childhood movie- Mine is The Fox and The hound- I hope this works.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.