Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How can I keep my anxiety at bay
cindigal posted:
I know it's easier to say than actually do it. I had anxiety many years and I take Ativan but only at night so I can sleep. I used to have Restoril for sleep but the effects wore off. I have a upcoming trip in two weeks and I am so anxious about it. I will be seeing my sister from California that I havnt seen over a year. She will staying at her son's house and she asked me to visit her when she comes up. I will take a train and I will go and see her because I want to see her but I am also a creature of comfort.

I never liked to stay anyone's house but my own. I like my own bed, and I like my own schedule and put p'js around 6 pm. I do live alone with my 2 cats and I dont have social life to speak of. I go shopping every two weeks when my son takes me because i dont drive. I have speech aphasia from a injury I had 4 years ago.

I feel self conscious about my speech and dont like to call people on phone. My whole family knows of my history of depression and anxiety. Because I dont discuss my feelings to anyone, they all think I am on the right track and 100% percent with my emotions. I dont go to the doctor till end of November because its a public clinic and my appt dont come around till 5 months or so. I have two weeks to get my head straight and think positives before I see my sister so I wont ruin anyones time. Any suggestions would help.

cindigal

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.