Skip to content
Expressive aphasia
FrancesCV posted:
I am 25 years old, female, 5' 5", 125 lbs. My family has a history of anxiety, depression, ADHD, OCD, and autism. I have been treated for depression and am currently taking 20 mg Prozac daily for general anxiety disorder. I get 9-10 hours of sleep a night. I do not drink, smoke, or use any other drugs. I am married and employed. I drink one cup of coffee in the morning and sometimes 1/2 cup around 2 PM.
I have discussed with a physician and a psychiatrist my problems expressing myself after too little sleep or too much work. I work as a copy editor at a magazine and have a graduate degree in literature, so my grasp of language is pretty solid. If I am tired I begin to stutter and become confused easily, I forget nouns, misuse prepositions (which describe concepts in relationship to one another), and conflate past and present tense. My doctor performed blood tests and a CT scan without any alarming results, and increased my medication dosage from 10 to 20 mg six months ago. I have not noticed any real difference in my ability to communicate verbally.
Could there be another issue besides anxiety? If it is anxiety, does anyone have any recommendations for me to ease the stress?

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.