Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Your not alone
Shaunge posted:
In 2001 i was working in a high class restaurant as a chef, and one morning I was doing one of my duties and I just went light headed, I immediately went out side for air expecting to come round or pass out but neither happened. I felt like I'd had a beer or two and this feeling remained, it seemed to get slightly worse every day, probably because I was so scared about it.i went to the doctors as soon as possible and he did a few tests and said theirs nothing wrong with you it' sounds like anxiety! Don't worry yourself and get some rest he said, a week later I seemed to have faded away from my original self (depersonalization) slowly but just like I was disappearing as a person almost 2 dimensional life. I asked myself am I dying, going mad,losing my sole,and all the other illness's out their (paranoia) all fed by myself because I couldn't believe that it was just chronic anxiety. I went to the hospital with a heaviness on my chest , and palpitations thinking it's my heart, but no it was just the anxiety again, I had beta blocks for a while but still worried as much, nothing would take this horrid feeling away. I worried myself more with all the panic attacks i endured one after another convinced they'd missed something more sinister. Eventually I worried about it so much that I got depression, they put me on prosac and then on seroxat which seem to keep me on a even line, 3 years went by I couldn't find anyone that had gone through the same ordeals as me so didn't believe in the doctors totally I've had one blip since then when I tried to do it without the seroxat , when I just had a cold peppery sensation flood my body and went pale and trembles but went back on it for the anxiety symptoms. Now I'm married with a beautiful wife 2 children and a guest house business I look back now and realise that I needed to believe in what I was told and know that I will see that year out! I will enjoy my life, my anxiety is not going to beat me, and I'm not on my own I've only just found this site, and it's always better to share your problems, I love my life and no longer let the residue of anxiety worry me. Hope this helps othersView Thread

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Talk to GOD!!!!
There is no question that anxiety and anxiety disorders are in fact painful, and yet very natural occurrences in life. Unfortunately, they ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.