Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Was prescribed Zyprexa which has laundry list of side effects
cindigal posted:
First of all I read all the literature about Zyprexa (olanzapine) is generic term is for antoipschotic and all the side effects associated. Not one word mentioned about sleeping aid. I am currently taking Ativan for anxiety and doctor told me along time ago that I can take my Ativan at bedtime for sleeping. I never take it during the day. The effects wore off I believe but lately it seems a long time to fall asleep. I asked him if he can raise the dose of Ativan, instead he prescribed Zyprexa which I disagree with that choice of med for sleep. Does anyone agree with me.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.