Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Is this Anxiety or stress
An_254876 posted:
Hii,

I had protected sex but unprotected oral 7 months ago (no ejaculation). I went through severe stress thinking that I got HIV and herpes.
I took full panel STD test after 6.5 months everything was negative.
I still constantly think that I got HIV and Herpes and gets sad and depressed. I suddenly get dizzy and tired everyday since my encounter 6.5 months ago.
This has been happening since then. Am I feeling this because of stress and anxiety?

I am constantly thinking that I have herpes that I will pass it on to my wife.
I couldn't convince myself I am good since I am having constant headache.

Thank you for your help!

rohvannyn responded:
I'd say it is anxiety and stress, probably brought on by feelings of guilt. Even though a male is not very likely to catch something by just getting oral, protection or no, it is something for your mind to latch onto. It isn't about the subject, it's really about the anxiety. If it wasn't this, it would be something else. Sex is something absolutely made for having anxiety about, because it's such a taboo subject in many places. If you've been checked out, don't worry about the physical side of it and work on the mental and psychological side of it.

Use this experience as a reason to not engaging in risky behaviors, to be honest and loving with your wife, and to pay attention to your anxiety. Feel better!

strk33 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thank you rohvannyn for your reply.i know i couldn't go back and change. But I also dont know how to convince myself, I dont care about me but I am constantly thinking about her....

rohvannyn replied to strk33's response:
Maybe use that anxiety as a reason to be a better partner? Also, after you have made sure that you are doing things the right way (safe behaviors, being loving toward your life) it might be time to practice the fine art of relaxing and letting go. Keep in mind that this isn't something you can get "right" instantly. You have to work at it. Don't give up, the only people who fail were the ones who gave up.

strk33 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thank for the reply...

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.