Skip to content
Breakup depression
meromaro posted:
wanna know for how long the recovery process could takes?

rohvannyn responded:
Hi there, sorry to hear you are feeling bad! The recovery process is different for every person and it depends a lot on how you normally deal with sadness, and how you think about it. Do you feel the emotion fully then let it go? Or do you hold on to the emotion and dwell on it? Whatever you do, take time to honor your experience, grieve, and take care of yourself. It will pass soon enough.

ldoyle0402 responded:
Hi, I agree, it is different for everyone. I call it the 'grieving" process because in my opinion, it is almost like dealing with a death. I too, am going through this myself. My husbandand, who I have been with for over 20 years separated 4 mos. Ago. I suffer from depression/anxiety to start with but this has just made it so much worse. I know iI did the right thing for me and my 16y.o daughter, b/c he is a functioning alcoholic and was verbally/mentally to me when he was drinking.
I go through most days wondering where things went wrong, I blame myself for problems in our marriage but most of all I miss the good times with him. I know we can never be together until he acknowledges his drinking problem and gets help. He is a wonderful man when he isn't drinking. I am 46 and have no interest in dating and I fear I am going to be alone the rest of my life.
I am just taking it one day at a time, I am disabled from failed neck surgery, so I don't work and I don't speak to anyone in my family (long story). I do not have many friends b/c we moved from .F01SC to Fl a year ago for his job. I do not like it here, but my daughter loves her school and the area. I know I need to get out and make friends but I just don't have the energy. My husband was my best friend, well I guess not with the way he treated me but I still miss him. I do not know how long I will feel this way, I go from being sad, mad, sort of happy to crying. Most days I feel blah, but I know I have to remain strong for my daughter b/c this is not easy on her either. Hope I helped with my story, hang in there.
i

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Lexapro
My dr. just prescribe me Lexapro.. i just feel nervous taking it. does anyone have any thoughts about it. More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.