Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
not sure whats wrong
cockburn posted:
for the last four years or so i have been taking paxil for anxiety, depression, anger, mood swings, and ocds. at first i trusted that my doctor new what he was doing because i did feel like the medication helped. but know i take the most that you can take and i am still haveing all these feelings.i have been having panic attacks and i still get anxiety in big groups or going into places i have never been. i also ahve absollutly no sex drive and havent for 12 yrs. i have days that im happy and then out of no where im like another person i get angry and depressed. it doesnt matter who you are i could turn on you and not be able to control it. but then aftere it happens i feel bad because i relize what i have said or done. my question is am i on the right medicine or should i look for something else?

rohvannyn responded:
If it's never helped, and you are taking the maximum dose and it still happens, then it really does sound like you need to explore other options for treatment. Psychiatric medicine is not an exact science and different meds and therapies work for different people. Definitely talk to your doctor, and if they don't listen, get another doctor.

mariajohnson responded:
If the medicines are not working for you try doing meditation and exercise. Meditation keeps you calm and exercise keeps you active.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

I have anxiety problems my whole life but I have had a lot more attacks lately. Any opinions to why?
I drove my bike to my house and when i got inside I started hearing things and then called my dad because he has had panic attacks too. He ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.