Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Social Anxiety
stylist_mua posted:
What are some natural remedies to cure SA? such as supplements or extracts? Also what are some healthy foods to cure anxiety.

mariajohnson responded:
Ty out some of these home remedies like teas, aromatherapy, exercise, deep breathing, vitamin supplements, avoid refined sugars and carbs, etc.

stellagonzalez responded:
I would say go for counselling, add more nutrients and vitamins in your food.

ldoyle0402 replied to stellagonzalez's response:
Hi Stella, I am also curious about this. I currently take medication because I have severe anxiety/panic attacks. What type of nutrients and vitamins do you recommend, and have you had good results using vitamins for anxiety?

atti_editor responded:
Hi stylist_mua and ldoyle0402,

I found this WebMD article about home treatments for social anxiety that might interest you, and a quick search turned up this article from Health.com about 19 Natural Remedies for Anxiety and and this one from Everyday Health about an Anti-Anxiety Diet (it is not really a diet but foods to eat to help with your anxiety). Hope you find something here that helps you!

-Atti

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.