Skip to content
Excessive blushing disorder
An_255326 posted:
wow, this topic of blushing is so misunderstood - other than the 5 to 7 percent of us that really suffer from this.
try to imagine having the 'normal' amount of anxiety or worries when we wake up each day. Examples, will I answer or ask the right questions in a meeting, when asked for my opinion right nor wrong I can deliver my message, respond to simple quetions or observations through the day ... All of that in itself is difficult let alone bring in the issue that as you are trying to answer your face, chest, neck is turning so red that your answers matter no longer because you look like you are about to pass out.
There is nothing cute about this and you can say all you want about just keep talking for it will go away and it will pass but in that time we are dying inside and we/I feel that I cannot get above my blushing to get my point across. Believe me me I have alot to say and I enjoy listening as well. Please, just let me communicate like everyone else for that is all I ask

Take the Poll

how do you deal with this?
what are your thoughts on ets?
  • Ets yes
  • Ets No
vote
View Poll Results

happy_go_lucky responded:
have that when i have to deal with something confrontational, driving somewhere and getting lost, going to new places, it also happens when I really like someone in that intimate way and it spread and is hot where i am blushing and cool where my skin is normal, yeh i have what your talking about, it's called anxiety, in certain situations you just have to make yourself comfortable, i don't do well in large groups of 10 or more but i have no problem talking in smaller groups. just imagine what ever situation your in that's giving you this anxiety imagine it already done.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.