Coping with anxiety
courtneysummers posted:
On December 31, 2013 at 2 in the morning, I began to feel weird. My breathing changed and I felt dizzy. A couple of minutes later my hands were tingling, I felt like I was going to pass out, die, my heart was racing and my mouth was dry. I had no idea what was going on with me. The paramedics came to my house, checked all my vital signs and everything was normal. I was told I was having an anxiety attack. I couldn't figure out why because I thought I was pretty happy with my life.

The problem is ever since that day, I haven't felt normal. Everyday I have to deal with the feeling that I'm about to die, pass out and my fingers and feet tingle or sometimes get numb and sometimes things feel unreal.

I went to the doctor and my doctor told me I have all the symptoms of anxiety. I want to visit a psychologist, but I don't have insurance at the moment. I told myself I was going to hold out and just wait until I get insurance to go, which should be soon but I don't know how much longer I can deal with this. I still don't know to this day the root cause of it

Has anybody experienced this?

Also if it helps I am a 18 year old female.

rohvannyn responded:
Sorry to hear you are having trouble! You can check for local resources and see if counselors in your area have a sliding scale. A counselor rather than a psychiatrist is probably going to be better if you don't have insurance, because they aren't likely to prescribe you something you have to pay for each month. Till then, check out anxieties.com and other online resources. There are some truly awesome self help sites out there. Anxieties.com does have a free help section.