Closed Eye Visuals
taints_r_us posted:
Let me start by saying this I had a lot to drink and did a little cocaine the night before. Now that I got that out of the way, I woke up having a normal morning, drank my coffee and ate a bagel. I went to lay down and take a nap and I could see VIVID faces. Its like I had dream like visuals yet I was totally awake! This gave me some really bad anxiety I honestly thought I was going to have a panic attack. It happened all day, I would get sequences of random images usually faces when I closed my eyes. It only lasted one day and has not come back.

Any ideas what that is?

rohvannyn responded:
There are certain parts of the eye, can't recall what they are called, that produce patterns or images without any visual input. One time I saw the Roman aqueducts for a split second that way! Kind of neat. Sometimes I've seen landscapes too. You can see some of this for yourself if you rub your closed eyes, gently, while in a dark room. You will probably see some kind of phosphorescent looking shape, and possibly a pattern. Sometimes we see that kind of thing while falling asleep too.

I would say it was your brain being stimulated by the chemicals you'd taken in, combined by that part of the eye being activated, that showed you the faces.