Skip to content
Closed Eye Visuals
taints_r_us posted:
Let me start by saying this I had a lot to drink and did a little cocaine the night before. Now that I got that out of the way, I woke up having a normal morning, drank my coffee and ate a bagel. I went to lay down and take a nap and I could see VIVID faces. Its like I had dream like visuals yet I was totally awake! This gave me some really bad anxiety I honestly thought I was going to have a panic attack. It happened all day, I would get sequences of random images usually faces when I closed my eyes. It only lasted one day and has not come back.

Any ideas what that is?

rohvannyn responded:
There are certain parts of the eye, can't recall what they are called, that produce patterns or images without any visual input. One time I saw the Roman aqueducts for a split second that way! Kind of neat. Sometimes I've seen landscapes too. You can see some of this for yourself if you rub your closed eyes, gently, while in a dark room. You will probably see some kind of phosphorescent looking shape, and possibly a pattern. Sometimes we see that kind of thing while falling asleep too.

I would say it was your brain being stimulated by the chemicals you'd taken in, combined by that part of the eye being activated, that showed you the faces.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.