Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
social security disability
tdp114 posted:
Hi I have never visited a site like this but looking for information and help. I am 42 years old and have recently applied for disability. I did this as a last resort. I have been sick and had difficulty obtaining and keeping a job due to my health. I had the most difficulty after I got pregnate in 2009. it was a horrible pregnancy. I was alredy overweight and had a lot of problems with my asthma and was constantly in the hospital due to my lungs and difficulty breathing. The baby was five weeks premature and spent 8 days in icu but thank God everything was fine. I have diabetes, high blood pressure, sleep apnea, sever asthma, urinary incotinance, depression and anxiety. Im on medications for all the above. I did have the gastric bypass done and lost 150 lbs but am severly anemic and always tired. I also have sleeping problems and taking ambien and constant pain throughout my body and take. hydrocodone as needed. As a result of the gastric bypass I often have difficulty eating and vomit daily. I have gerd and take nexium. I am smart and and was in the nursing program twice but could not finish due to my absences as a result of my health. I did get my medical assitant certificate which I barely go through. I had to get special documentation for absences due to my illnesses. I have a 4.0 gpa it was just my absences due to illnes which hinders me. I continued to tryvto better myself so I could work and finally realized it was just not gonna happen. I habe lost the last few jobs I have had due to absences due to illnesses and anxiety. I had a home health care provider for over two years and get 3 hours a day seven days a week. I also have disable licence plates which my pulmonologist signed off on. I waited hoping to get better and work to provide for my son but I can't. I applied for social security in september of 2013. I was just sent a letter I have to see a psycholosist on march 5. I hope this is a good sign. I was honestly expectin g a denial the first time around. We have no incone and in desperate need of help. With the illnesses mentioned is there a chance I can get approved and if so how long will this process take. Thanks for any response. Very worried and upset about the appointment in march.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Talk to GOD!!!!
There is no question that anxiety and anxiety disorders are in fact painful, and yet very natural occurrences in life. Unfortunately, they ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.