Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Anxiety,fear
phoenixx1 posted:
I have to constantly "cross" myself verbally or mentally when I relax and try to enjoy myself. I also have tortured thinking at times. Can someone give me some suggestions? Positive thinking doesn't always work.

Reid Wilson, PhD responded:
Hey, phoenixx1 -

You'd have to give me a little more information before I can respond in a helpful manner. But when you say you have to "cross" yourself, that sounds like it might be a compulsive behavior. This is a common action of those who suffer from obsessive-compulsive disorder. You can read about OCD HERE and see if it fits what happens to you. That site will also give you help for your symptoms.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Embracing Today
Hello All, With each day that GOD gives us, lets view it as a day of opportunity to begin to embrace self in all forms. Today is the day of ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.