Skip to content
I understand let me help
angelofwisdom posted:
I am thirteen years old. I still have anxiety and panic attacks for a long time now. I understand how you guys are feeling. It's hard for me to go to sleep. My chest hurts. I feel like I'm slowly dying when I know I'm not. I hyperventerlate. Hot and/or cold flashes runs through my body. My eyesight is crazy. I have hallucinations and illusions. I can't think straight (in order for me to focuse I have to shake my legs). Shortness of breath and so the list goes on ...and on.....and on. I'll tell you that I have gotten used to it and it gotten better.

Throughout my constant experiences, I've learned that most of anxiety and panic attacks all come from something you're afraid of ( that means anything). At first, I thought that I wasn't afraid of anything; however, I didn't know because of my experiences was all I thought about and I wasn't thinking straight. As much as you don't want to , you have to find whats making you so afraid and eliminate or cooperate with that fear.

That wasn't easy for me because I didn't have therapists or medications (I would not recommend for you to take medications because it's just hiding your fear(s) and if you stop taking them without without other help you'll be in the same place all over again so no no to that).

Here's what I recommend for you:

1)support-that's all I had to help me out (but try out more)

2)meditation- it helps you cope with your anxiety and panic attacks

3)hypnosis- it may seem a little Cray-Cray (crazy) but I was not the only one in my family to have these experiences. One of my relatives tried hypnosis and it turned out great for her.

4)therapy-if you feel as though no one understands what you're going through (after many talks), try this suggestion please.

5) cope with your anxiety/panic attacks-that was very hard for me because I hated it so much but when I got used to it and others saying that "it's only trying to protect you" (--) , I now have a dislike-next-to-hate relationship (one sided) relationship with anxiety and panic attacks (I have to say all of that ?) While the anxiety has a one sided love relationship with me because it "wants to protect me" (but I think that it loves me because it wants me to be in pain }

6)pray and keep close to the light or God (some doesn't believe)-I'm telling you that God has helped me so much with everything and I say that he has been by my side the whole time. Please don't take offense to some, but if you don't believe in things like this then at least try or if you don't want to try to do something positive and not think negative that also helps too

I'm very sorry for talking too much because I'm not really a conversationalist and I just want to help you as much as I can. (Can you believe that this is coming from a thirteen year old? I'm surprised myself)And also stay strong for yourself and others. Take care.

anxpan responded:
I understand what you are going through. I am 43 years young and still have panic and anxiety attacks. The best way I have found to handle this is to take deep breaths and count slowly to ten. Most of the time it works for me.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.