Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Anxiety: Heart Fear
tsmtihey posted:
Hello there I am just wondering if anyone has any information regarding having a heart fear or Somatization Anxiety. Right now I am having a small panic attack again worried about my heart and that I am having a heart attack. I have been having these feelings on and off since yesterday, and went to the doctor as well who did some basic tests. He said that I seemed to be fine minus some High Blood Pressure from being overweight. He doesn't think an EKG was needed, but said I could always go to the ER since I don't have insurance. He is saying that it's more than likely anxiety that is causing my issues. At the moment though I am feeling a sense of fear since waking up.

My situation right now that has been triggering my anxiety is that I lost my job and home 5 months ago, and I have been unable to find work. Two weeks ago my unemployment was cut off so now I have no way of paying rent to a friend who is letting me sleep on his couch. My body has started developing bad pains throughout my joints, and my chest causing shortness of breath and what may be acid reflux after I eat. Up until two weeks ago I was really only getting pains and weakness, but now the symptoms seem to have become more severe. I am just not sure what to do, and I am just scared.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.