Skip to content
panic attacks
teresaslexi posted:
I am 47 years old and a mother of a 7 year old and for about 8 months I have gone to the ER multiple times with chest pains on my left side of my arm only to hear that you're fine go home. I have been to the cardiologist done all the stress test been to an orthopedic and to gastro doctor changed family doctors because they told me it was anxiety attacks. All the stories I read are just like me. My Doc put me on Lexapro and the attacks increased and worse. Any body have any suggestions???? Seriously frusted..

atti_editor responded:
Hi teresaslexi,

You might try some of these home treatment techniques for reducing anxiety. Anxiety attacks can cause chest pain among other physiological effects. Have you told your doctor that the Lexapro worsened your symptoms? There might be something that is better suited for you, or more tests may need to be done. I would definitely give the relaxation and other tips in the link above a try.

Best wishes,
Atti

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.