Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Anxiety...?
southernbabe12 posted:
About 2 years ago I was at home hanging out with a friend... He was playing games and I was on the computer. All of a sudden, I started feeling weird and felt like maybe I needed a drink BC it felt like I couldn't swallow so I reached over to a brand new case of mnt dew that was next to me and I was too weak to even open up the box. So I had asked my friend to help me and while he was getting the drink for me I stood up and started freaking out telling him to hurry. He handed me the drink and I had chugged it but it didn't help so I decided to try to eat something... I couldn't swallow the crackers. And while I was standing in the hallway I suddenly felt like my legs had just collapsed. I didn't fall or anything.. It just felt that way. So I went into my room and sat down on the bed and for some odd reason I felt like I was going to pass out so I started breathing in and out and rocking back and forth. Next thing I knew the feeling had went away... So I thought... I started feeling a little better and tried talking to my friend BC he had came in and sat down next me. I was okay for about 2 to 3 minutes then I started studdering (which is something I do not do) and out of nowhere the feeling would come back. I'd start rocking back and forth again and breathing like I was before. It had done that same thing on and off for about an hour. And till this day.. I feel weird. It feels like I'm in a dream but I'm awake and not day dreaming... I know what's going on around me until I realize that I'm feeling that way and once I realize it.. Its almost like everything I thought was going on was just a huge dream. And I will start to forget what is happening. It has me worried. I looked some of it up and all I could find was things about anxiety. I'm worried that it might be something else... Like a serious physical problem... Does anyone have the same problem or have any ideas on what it could be?

Reid Wilson, PhD responded:
Geez, southernbabe12, that sounds pretty unpleasant, to say the least. No one's going to be able to give you a diagnosis here, since you have a number of symptoms going on. Sounds like it's time to see your primary care physician, don't you think? Anxiety can produce something called derealization. And while some of what you describe fits that, you have some other associated symptoms that don't fit the bill. Get checked out, please. This is been going on too long. When symptoms become a mystery, then THAT causes anxiety, too.

southernbabe12 replied to Reid Wilson, PhD's response:
Thank you for your reply. I'm going to start going to the counseling center here where I'm living next week. I hoping going through some therapy might help me a little bit. If not I'm going to have to figure something else out. Its scaring me not know what it wrong with me.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.