Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
feeling like i won't breathe
patrickkel posted:
about 3 mos ago I started taking testosterone injections .5 mil a week, into muscle-thigh. about ten days ago my head became very full-like a sinus cold. it has been going on pretty steady. now I can't lay down as I feel like I will stop breathing. ive been getting a couple hrs a night sitting up, but i'm exhausted, want to cry, want to sleep. i'm 58 years old- never had any issues liker this. can the testosterone injections be causing this. I've stopped the testosterone this week, but I feel very scared that i'm going to stop breathing. please help, the anxiety is breaking me down, i'm scared. i'm raising a little girl by myself and deadly afraid i'll die and leave her. I've had her six years so I don't think it's her. the only thing different is the testasterone

rohvannyn responded:
Sorry you are going through that! Some things you can do to help yourself breathe: a humidfier, breathing peppermint infused steam, an OTC decongestant, and making sure your home is as allergen and dust free as possible. Even if it's the testosterone this will help you breathe better.

Here's the drug info for testosterone:

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-10327-testosterone IM.aspx?drugid=10327&drugname=testosterone IM&source=1

Listed there is the warning that if you have trouble sleeping, start snoring, or have trouble breathing you should contact your doctor immediately. It's a rare side effect but it's possible.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.