Skip to content
My Life Escapes Me
mauiwaui4u posted:
To be so bold as to face the truth I'm a 42 year old male who survived being sold into sex industry as a child as a "Commercially Sexually Exploited Child" I am now a father of 3 with my newest family member having arrived Jan 2014. Now I am crumbling emotional stay at home Dad, AKA Mister Mom... I am so afraid of all the drugs and smoking cigarettes since those early years of misery and a life time of emotional and physical bondage dealing with the ever constant pain. Now feeling that I am going to die...??? I don't feel good...

Can any one relate to this or similar situation and if so want to discuss if to clear the air please.

mtnmaura responded:
I am a 62 year old female who survived ritual abuse, torture, commercial exploitation and a generally over the top childhood that led to dissociative disorder. I am now grappling with high anxiety and the inability to work . My brain feels like it's on overload. I can empathize with your situation as I raised 2 kids, one gifted and one medically handicapped who died at age 17. That didn't help. HA I feel like every day is hand to hand combat with my brain and the ability to feel pleasure is lost. I can relate to a life time of emotional bondage dealing with the ever constant pain. Has anything worked for you?
I take paroxetine, an anti-anxiety medication, and it has worked well for decades. Recent new job totally pushed me over the edge, however, and I haven't felt this bad in 10 years. I think that as we age we have less ability to cope with stress, and maybe my brain hit the wall.
Do you ever get a break from your kids? Do you do any exercise, yoga or meditation. How do you have time with 3 kids? Do you have a support group??
I can relate and am happy to discuss any time.
Thanks for your openness and honesty

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Fish oil 1000mg can help with the brain shivers/zaps.
Hey guys, I myself am a sufferer of the terrible effexor withdrawal. I am here to tell you there is hope in getting off of this drug and ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.