Skip to content
Why doctors keep changing me to other doctors?
An_256567 posted:
He'll I have been on anxity meds for 7 years tryed every thing then they put me on klopin for 2 years then adivain now Xanax now they want me to go see a mother doctor witch I don't have a appt to see intell April 22 I am running out of the Xanax but they won't give me more intell I see this other doctor I have try red getting my self of befor and had a bad experiment so now I am sceared to just stop pleases help me thank you

carol131313 responded:
They don't want to deal with your cancer

sherrylee73 replied to carol131313's response:
Cancer????

bonhill responded:
A few questions - have you been taking the Klonopin, Adivan and Xanax doses exactly as prescribed? Many doctors won't give you more and you have to be REAL CAREFUL about exceeding the prescribed dose. If you have been very responsible with your meds, the dr who put you on these meds for the past 7 yrs should give you enough Xanax to last you until you can see this new doctor. Not doing so is very unresponsible on his part, as stopping any of these meds (benzodiazepines) abruptly can cause serious side effects, the most severe being seizures. If the dr. won't give you enough to get you thru, about all you can do is carefully take a little less Xanax each day, which will probably incr. the anxiety, to make it last until your new dr appt. I can really empathize. It is very scarey. What dose of Xanax have you been on, and for what exactly?

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Dr. Farrell's WebMD TV videosExpert
Dr. Farrell has a series of 12 videos that cover everything from your need for sleep, inheriting anxiety disorders, positive self-talk and ... More
Was this Helpful?
68 of 85 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.