Skip to content
Lonely and overwhelmed
An_256636 posted:
I have few friends to turn to, my grown son never talks to me and I always think the worst will happen. I feel lonely and want to know how I can get rid of the lonely feelings and worry?

bonhill responded:
Hi - yeah, if you've come to this site for anxiety/panic, you have probably had experience with worry, which is one of the hallmarks of anxiety. Also, panic/anxiety is frightening, and being alone has always been very difficult for me and many others with similar symptoms. Thinking the worse will happen is SO common with panic/anxiety, and after 40 yrs, I still experience this, despite having spent years in therapy. Wish I could be more helpful, but knowing you're not alone with these problems might be helpful. What's the extent of your panic/anxiety - how many years, etc.?

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.