Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Agoraphobia seems to be getting worse.
An_256672 posted:
I was diagnosed years ago as having PTSD panic disorder went to a therapist for 3yrs and had it under control for 10yrs, was off meds and doing great during this time. In 2011 a discussion with my mother changed my whole life and caused the panic to start again and along came depression and suddenly I was having trouble going outside my home. I have been in therapy 2yrs now. I was diagnosed with Agoraphobia. My dr has me on Klonopin and Welbutrin. I find relief as far as the panic and depression but the fear of going outside my home seems to be getting worse. Much harder for me to do each day. I spoke to my therapist and she said if it continues to get worse I may need to go to a psychiatrist to help me. Is anyone on here taking Klonopin and Welbutrin for Agoraphobia and does it help with these problems? I am getting married in a couple of months and trying to get my life back to at least semi normal.

Reid Wilson, PhD responded:
I can only assume that your doctor is prescribing Wellbutrin for your depression. Because it is basically the only antidepressant that DOESN'T work for panic. If you are currently using your family physician for these medications, then I agree: get yourself to a psychiatrist.

bonhill responded:
Klonopin has really helped with my panic & agoraphobia over the past 25 yrs - on 4mg/day in divided doses. However, Wellbutrin is one of the few anti-depressants NOT indicated for panic disorder. So pls see a psychiatrist, hopefully one who can put you on a different anti-depressant with anti-panic effects. No wonder your agoraphobia is getting worse (fear of going outside your home)- I'm guessing probably because of the Wellbutrin

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.