Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Don't know what to do about this problem with my job
    hollystar1409 posted:
    I am 18 years old and I have only have had one job, Mcdonalds. Working there is completely hard because the customers are very rude, my coworkers say that I can't do anything when I am an AB honor student, my managers try to put me in a spot where I haven't been trained and they get angry if I mess up (which I could end up losing my job), and some nights I'll work 8 hours with no break. I've only been working there a little over a month and when I think of going to work right after school, I get a nauseous feeling, and I begin to freeze up. I thought about quitting but I can't because then I would have to get rid of my cat. Everyday the feeling gets stronger until I break down and in the end I get told "get over it". What do I do?? I need the money but I can't handle this anymore!
    rohvannyn responded:
    First of all, try getting a job somewhere else. Try to think of this as a temporary setback until you get somewhere better. It sounds odd but call centers are almost always hiring, the work is actually pretty easy, they pay for your training, and all the rude customers are on the other side of a phone not in your face. I suggest that because they pay better than minimum wage too.

    Additionally, and you may want to wait till you find something else before reporting this, but it's illegal for them to have you working that long without breaks or have you doing jobs you aren't trained to do. There are local authorities you can report them to, and you should, for the sake of the other workers. My spouse had similar problems when she worked for that company as well, down to a manager shaking her and asking her why she couldn't do anything right.

    Hang in there, spend every spare moment looking for something better, and good luck.
    morris32 replied to rohvannyn's response:
    Over burden leads to anxiety this is what happen in my case so i'd suggest you to reduce your burden and i think you shoul go for that job which is of less hour or you can go for weekend base job as well!
    morris32 replied to morris32's response:
    I used to suffer from panic attack in my past !I remember that my gf was irritated from my habit of doing smoking and i really loved her .Due to my bad smell because of my smoking she left me!She was allergic from smoking as well!She didn't talk to me like for 5 months and during this time I went to depression because i wanted to marry her.After this incident i decided to quit my smoking i went for clinical treatment!but all in vain then my best friend suggested me that along with clinical treatment you should go for on line help and he suggested me this site <a href=" /"> </a>
    I visited this site and i find it really helpful.With the help of on line assistance and clinical treatment I got success in getting rid from anxiety attacks
    morris32 replied to morris32's response:
    I hope that this site will help you people as well!

    Featuring Experts

    Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

    Helpful Tips

    Exercise you can doExpert
    Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    62 of 82 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.