Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Don't know what to do about this problem with my job
hollystar1409 posted:
I am 18 years old and I have only have had one job, Mcdonalds. Working there is completely hard because the customers are very rude, my coworkers say that I can't do anything when I am an AB honor student, my managers try to put me in a spot where I haven't been trained and they get angry if I mess up (which I could end up losing my job), and some nights I'll work 8 hours with no break. I've only been working there a little over a month and when I think of going to work right after school, I get a nauseous feeling, and I begin to freeze up. I thought about quitting but I can't because then I would have to get rid of my cat. Everyday the feeling gets stronger until I break down and in the end I get told "get over it". What do I do?? I need the money but I can't handle this anymore!

rohvannyn responded:
First of all, try getting a job somewhere else. Try to think of this as a temporary setback until you get somewhere better. It sounds odd but call centers are almost always hiring, the work is actually pretty easy, they pay for your training, and all the rude customers are on the other side of a phone not in your face. I suggest that because they pay better than minimum wage too.

Additionally, and you may want to wait till you find something else before reporting this, but it's illegal for them to have you working that long without breaks or have you doing jobs you aren't trained to do. There are local authorities you can report them to, and you should, for the sake of the other workers. My spouse had similar problems when she worked for that company as well, down to a manager shaking her and asking her why she couldn't do anything right.

Hang in there, spend every spare moment looking for something better, and good luck.

morris32 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Over burden leads to anxiety this is what happen in my case so i'd suggest you to reduce your burden and i think you shoul go for that job which is of less hour or you can go for weekend base job as well!

morris32 replied to morris32's response:
I used to suffer from panic attack in my past !I remember that my gf was irritated from my habit of doing smoking and i really loved her .Due to my bad smell because of my smoking she left me!She was allergic from smoking as well!She didn't talk to me like for 5 months and during this time I went to depression because i wanted to marry her.After this incident i decided to quit my smoking i went for clinical treatment!but all in vain then my best friend suggested me that along with clinical treatment you should go for on line help and he suggested me this site <a href="http://www.anxietyexperts.com /">anxietyexperts.com </a>
I visited this site and i find it really helpful.With the help of on line assistance and clinical treatment I got success in getting rid from anxiety attacks

morris32 replied to morris32's response:
I hope that this site will help you people as well!

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.