Skip to content
lower Abdominal pain
fawwaza posted:
I have been suffering from lower pelvic/abdominal pain for the last 7 months; the pain is always on never leaves me a minute. It is felt more when I am sitting at chair at work or when I lay down on the bed, I don't feel it as much when I am walking. Overall it is not server pain and is bearable but never the less it is compromising my quilt of life.
I don't have any diarrhea or constipation associated with it; my appetite is good and I eat well
I had seen an internist and we did pelvic / abdominal Ultra sound, everything came back normal. I also did CT scan with contrast on my pelvic/ abdominal area again everything is normal and he said to me it could be stress and that is that.
the aching pain and the burning sensation is always there it never fluctuate with or without food, with or without going to the bathroom, the pain never leaves
I went and saw GASttro DOc and done upper GI endoscopy and colonoscopy , eveything came back normal and the Gastro Doc indicated there is nothing wrong with my digestive system.
so in total ultra sound of abdominal / pelivic / CT scan of those areas and now endo and colonoscopy, blood work all turned out normal
if i do have anxietry and sometime I do and had experienced a couple of panic attck due to this pain not knowing what is causing it , but my question really is does anixety cause abdominal pain that is constant 24/7 . do you think i have IBS , the pain never leaves and i think people with IBS have some relief in between bouts , even with anxiety , should there be relief between anxiety attacks of this 24/7 pain
Thanks

atti_editor responded:
Hi fawwaza,

I am sorry that you are having to go through this. It sounds like you have taken all of the appropriate measures, seen the right doctors and had the prescribed tests to determine what is causing your pelvic/abdominal pain, so I can only imagine how frustrating it is that you don't seem to have a solid answer. Stress can manifest itself with more physical symptoms than you may think (stomach pain/upset is one) -- here is some more information on the topic as well as some tips on how to manage your stress levels.

Our Stress Management Health Center is also filled with information on how to reduce stress levels. You may want to create a plan of action to try to reduce any stressors you are experiencing and see if that helps with the pain. Please let us know how you are doing!

Best Wishes,
Atti

fawwaza replied to atti_editor's response:
Thanks for Ur feedback, but when I am in a total relaxed mood, playing with friend, talking and happy, I still feel the belly pain 24/7. It just strikes me as odd when I am in total anxiety free state; I still feel the pain / ach. This makes me think it is an organ based pain rather than brain / stress induced pain, but yet to find the source,
I tried Xanax, Lexapro for short time and did not get ride off the pain. I was on propananol for almost 2 months to help me with racy heart /anxiety which helped me to get rid of the racy heart symptoms and I am no longer taking it, feel ok other than the belly pain (sometime I feel edgy and tense ) but bearable
If you think gut pain can persist 24/7 even in free anxiety state, then what can I do to ease that pain.
Thanks

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Exercise you can doExpert
Exercise is one of the most beneficial self-help techniques we know of today and more and more research is indicating its usefulness in ... More
Was this Helpful?
57 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.