Skip to content
What was it?
taylersio posted:
So, today, I was watching a TV show, and when the episode I was watching ended, I got a bad, anxious feeling. I was shaking. Felt like something was about to happen. I've had that feeling before, but I haven't been diagnosed with anything, so can't say I have anxiety or anxiety problems. (Though I feel like I do) But I was just wondering if it's possible that I had a panic attack or something like it. It lasted for about 15-20 minutes. I haven't really told anyone about it. When it happened, I had to go in my room, close the door, and cover my eyes as if to have a black out moment, I guess you could say. Anyways, any answer would be appreciated.

atti_editor responded:
Hi taylersio,

It is possible that what you experienced was a panic attack. Here are some common symptoms you may want to look through. Here is some information on preventing panic attacks including how to recognize that one is coming on. If you have increasing or worsening symptoms, it may be a good idea to speak with your doctor about them, as he/she may be able to prescribe medication or other treatments to help you. Please let us know how you are doing!

Best wishes,
Atti

taylersio replied to atti_editor's response:
Thank you so much for responding to this, Atti.
I was afraid that's what it was. This has happened to me before. I'll probably bring it up to my doctor next time I go. Thank you again.

Featuring Experts

Reid Wilson, PhD is an international expert in the treatment of anxiety disorders, with books translated into nine languages. He is author of Don...More

Helpful Tips

Progressive Muscle RelaxationExpert
In addition to relaxation breathing and guided imagery, one great self-help technique that you can use anywhere (even while sitting in a ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 24 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.